IRRAWADDY DOLPHIN MORNING CRUISE (3 Hrs)
This trip cruises along the Santubong River and plies the Salak River Delta systems, of which, both flow into the South China Sea.
In both, one experience a close-up view of the heavily silted mangrove swamp, a haven for its inhabitants of reptilians to crustaceans and fishes: crocodiles, water monitor lizards, otters, mud skippers, mangrove crabs, prawns, edible jellyfish, shell fish, monkeys and more.
The swamp sustains many different species of trees, the most important being the black and red mangroves, locally known as “bakau” or “Bako’”. It’s used as piling in constructions and is also processed as charcoal.
Easily mistaken as wasteland, the area experiences tidal rises that leaves rich silts on which the mangrove thrives, giving rise to symbiotic relationship affecting all flora and fauna, aquatic life and coastal organisms.
The Irrawaddy or snubfin dolphin, inhabits the rivers, estuaries and shallow coastal areas. The Santubong area remains one of the best places in Sarawak to view this unusual looking marine mammal. When seen, they swim and dive around open waters less than 30 metres deep.
Visitors will need a keen eye to spot the dolphins and they are best seen when they frolic near local fishing boats that are hauling in the catch!
At the end of the tour, return to the boat club for transfer to your hotel
Screen reader support enabled.
PICKUP TIME / PICKUP PLACE / TOUR DURATION
0730Hrs / BORNEO EXPLORATION TOURS & TRAVEL OFFICE / 6 – 7Hrs
INCLUSIVE & EXCLUSION
Ground transportation, guided tour, entrance fee, lunch, and 1 bottle drinking water.
Personal beverage, optional tours, overweight luggage and items not stated above.
THINGS TO BRING
1. Good Walking / water Shoes.
2. Extra Clothing & Swim Wear.
3. Extra Water & light snacks.
4. Own medicines / First Aids Kit.
5. Small umbrella / poncho/ raincoat.
6. Light bag pack / waterproof bag.
8. Mask & Sanitizer.
9. Insect Repellant.
10. Personal belonging – I/C, Handphone, Camera & etc.
1. All paid bookings under the SSS 3.0 are non-refundable.
2. Customers agree that their purchased tour(s) will be delegated to Borneo Exploration who will contact the Customer for further arrangements and details regarding the booking, in up to five (05)working days after the booking has been made. Customers are not allowed to request for any specific agent to handle their tours, upon purchase.
3. Take note that the cut-off date for booking is six (06)days before the travelling date.
4. Customers to inform Borneo Exploration, should they wish to make changes to their booking, up to two (02)times only and at latest forty eight (48) hours before the booking date. This applies to cases such as;
- Postponement of travelling date.
- Customer(s) replacement.
5. Group Bookings only for all packages under the Sia Sitok Sarawak 3.0 - Min 2 pax per booking, unless specified.
6. Force Majeure: Borneo Exploration does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural calamities, personal health issue, local authority’s regulations, technical breakdown or delay of transport beyond the reasonable control of the company.
7. In the event of force majeure, Borneo Exploration reserve the right to reschedule or postpone tours after considering guest’s safety and health matters.
8. All the others Terms & Conditions apply.