Irrawaddy Dolphin Cruise (Morning)
This trip cruises along the Santubong River and plies the Salak River Delta systems, of which, both flow into the South China Sea.
In both, one experience a close-up view of the heavily silted mangrove swamp, a haven for its inhabitants of reptilians to crustaceans and fishes: crocodiles, water monitor lizards, otters, mud skippers, mangrove crabs, prawns, edible jellyfish, shell fish, monkeys and more.
The swamp sustains many different species of trees, the most important being the black and red mangroves, locally known as “bakau” or “Bako’”. It’s used as piling in constructions and is also processed as charcoal.
The Irrawaddy or snubfin dolphin, inhabits the rivers, estuaries and shallow coastal areas. The Santubong area remains one of the best places in Sarawak to view this unusual looking marine mammal. When seen, they swim and dive around open waters less than 30 metres deep.
PICKUP TIME / PICKUP PLACE / TOUR DURATION
0800Hrs / BORNEO EXPLORATION TOURS & TRAVEL OFFICE / 3 - 4 hrs
Inclusions & Exclusion
Ground transportation, guided tour, boat and entrance fee, and 1 bottle drinking water per day.
Personal beverage, optional tours, overweight luggage and items not stated above.
THINGS TO BRING
1. Good Walking Shoes.
2. Bring Towel, Extra Clothing & Swim Wear.
3. Extra Water & light snacks.
4. Own medicines / First Aids Kit.
5. Small umbrella / poncho/ raincoat.
6. Light bag pack / waterproof bag.
8. Mask & Sanitizer.
9. Insect Repellant.
10. Personal belonging – I/C, Handphone, Camera & etc.
* Upon confirmation, cancellation policy, all the terms & conditions applies.
* We reserve the right to change the price due to any unforeseen increment of ground arrangement by local agent.
* All the routing & sequence itinerary subject to change/ postponed/ cancel due to route, traffic, weather condition & travel advisory issue by the authority & others unforeseen conditions.