Evening Kuching Wetland Tour with Light Refreshment
Kuching Wetlands National Park covers an area of 6,610 hectares. The park is mostly comprised of a saline mangrove system that includes an extensive network of marine waterways and tidal creeks interconnecting the two major rivers that form the boundaries of the park.
Small patches of heath forest are found in the interior of the park. The park is an important spawning and nursery ground for fish and prawn species and contains a wide diversity of wildlife, including proboscis monkeys, long tailed macaque monkeys, silver-leaf monkeys, monitor lizards, estuarine crocodiles and a range of birdlife, including kingfishers, white-bellied sea eagles and shore birds, including the rare lesser adjutant stork.
Whilst the park is relatively new, the area has long attracted nature enthusiasts owing to its fascinating ecosystem and excellent wildlife viewing opportunities. For the visitor, Kuching Wetlands offers an excellent introduction to the mangrove environment, and a chance to see a range of wildlife and spend some time soaking up the sights and sounds of one of the most interesting stretches of coastline in the whole of Sarawak.
These cruises follow the main waterways of the park with most trips taking up half a day. Tours usually meander up the river before entering the smaller rivers and creeks in the park. Some tours stop at the Malay fishing village on an island, which lies just outside the park’s boundary, while others venture out to search for the Irrawaddy dolphins, or navigate the mangroves-covered smaller river channels to spot wildlife in the dark such as proboscis monkeys, crocodiles and fireflies.
PICKUP TIME / PICKUP PLACE / TOUR DURATION
1400Hrs / KUCHING AREA (OTHER LOCATION MAY SUBJECT TO EXTRA SURCHARGE) / 6 – 7Hrs
INCLUSIVE & EXCLUSION
Ground transportation, guided tour, entrance fee, lunch, and 1 bottle drinking water.
Personal beverage, optional tours, overweight luggage and items not stated above.
THINGS TO BRING (Recommended)
1. Trekking shoe/ good walking shoe
2. Hat/ Cap
3. Extra clothing
4. Extra Water & light snacks
5. Personal Medication or First Aids Kit
6. Torchlight /or Head Lamp
7. Small umbrella & poncho & raincoat
8. Light bag pack /waterproof bag
9. Sun block
10. Face Mask & Hand Sanitizer
11. Insect Repellant
12. Personal belonging – I/C, Handphone, Camera & etc.
1. All paid bookings are non-refundable.
2. Customers agree that their purchased tour(s) will be delegated to Borneo Exploration who will contact the Customer for further arrangements and details regarding the booking, in up to five (05)working days after the booking has been made.
3. Take note that the cut-off date for booking is six (06)days before the travelling date.
4. Customers to inform Borneo Exploration, should they wish to make changes to their booking, up to two (02)times only and at latest forty eight (48) hours before the booking date. This applies to cases such as;
- Postponement of travelling date.
- Customer(s) replacement.
5. Group Bookings only for all packages - Min 6 pax per booking, unless specified.
6. Force Majeure: Borneo Exploration does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural calamities, personal health issue, local authority’s regulations, technical breakdown or delay of transport beyond the reasonable control of the company.
7. In the event of force majeure, Borneo Exploration reserve the right to reschedule or postpone tours after considering guest’s safety and health matters.
8. All the others Terms & Conditions apply.