MONGKOS LONGHOUSE EXPERIENCE (DAY TRIP)
Kampung Mongkos has two of the very few surviving Bidayuh longhouses in Sarawak. The village has existed for over a hundred years and is located near Sungai Mongkos. It is said that Mongkos was named after the plant lungkos (Bidayuh for wild ginger).
Along the way to Kampung Mongkos, stop over at the Serian farmer’s market which is the biggest fresh market in Serian town with a varieties of farm produce. Upon arrival, begin the tour to the longhouse. Learn about the ancient history of the village and its culture. Walk around the village to immerse in the nature scenery and watch the villager’s daily routine.
PICKUP TIME / PICKUP PLACE / TOUR DURATION
0800Hrs / BORNEO EXPLORATION TOURS & TRAVEL OFFICE / 8 hrs
INCLUSIVE & EXCLUSION
Ground transportation, guided tour, entrance fee, meals as per itinerary and 1 bottle drinking water per day.
Personal beverage, optional tours, overweight luggage and items not stated above.
THINGS TO BRING
1. Good Walking Shoes.
2. Bring Towel, Extra Clothing & Swim Wear.
3. Extra Water & light snacks.
4. Own medicines / First Aids Kit.
5. Small umbrella / poncho/ raincoat.
6. Light bag pack / waterproof bag.
8. Mask & Sanitizer.
9. Insect Repellant.
10. Personal belonging – I/C, Handphone, Camera & etc.
* Within 72 hours cancellation / name replacement / transfer of tour will be deemed to be a cancellation and will be charged accordingly.
* Force Majeure: Borneo Exploration does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural calamities, personal health issue, local authority’s regulations, technical breakdown or delay of transport beyond the reasonable control of the company.
* In the event of force majeure, Borneo Exploration reserve the right to reschedule or postpone tours after considering guest’s safety and health matters.
* All the others Terms & Conditions apply.