BEGU RAFFLESIA & CROCODILE FARM
Touted as the world’s largest flower, the Rafflesia is a rare species of plant found in Kampung Begu, Padawan in Kuching, Sarawak.
The Rafflesia flower, found in the rainforests of Southeast Asia, is actually a parasite which grows on only one type of vine. There are no leaves or steams or other reliable means to check on the plant as the flowers, developed from bud for about 9 months then open. The opening usually last only a few days then it will decay and rot away. When the enormous flower blooms, it emits the smell of rotting meat to attract insects – the Rafflesia’s only hope for reproduction.
Set amidst the charming backdrop of tall tropical trees, lush vegetation and local fruit trees lies this unique farm with over a thousand crocodiles bred in captivity. The farm provides a perfect sanctuary for the reptiles, saving the species from extinction. There are huge and deep concrete ponds and natural breeding grounds for the crocodiles to mate and multiply. Visitors are able to gaze at the snapping jaws, cold menacing eyes, sharp pointed teeth and powerful lashing tails of the crocs within short distance yet safe because of the metal fence.
PICKUP TIME / PICKUP PLACE / TOUR DURATION
0800Hrs / BORNEO EXPLORATION TOURS & TRAVEL OFFICE / 6 – 7Hrs
INCLUSIVE & EXCLUSION
Ground transportation, guided tour, entrance fee, lunch, and 1 bottle drinking water.
Personal beverage, optional tours, overweight luggage and items not stated above.
THINGS TO BRING
1. Good Walking / water Shoes.
2. Extra Clothing & Swim Wear.
3. Extra Water & light snacks.
4. Own medicines / First Aids Kit.
5. Small umbrella / poncho/ raincoat.
6. Light bag pack / waterproof bag.
8. Mask & Sanitizer.
9. Insect Repellant.
10. Personal belonging – I/C, Handphone, Camera & etc.
* Within 72 hours cancellation / name replacement / transfer of tour will be deemed to be a cancellation and will be charged accordingly.
* Force Majeure: Borneo Exploration does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural calamities, personal health issue, local authority’s regulations, technical breakdown or delay of transport beyond the reasonable control of the company.
* In the event of force majeure, Borneo Exploration reserve the right to reschedule or postpone tours after considering guest’s safety and health matters.
* All the others Terms & Conditions apply.