OVERNIGHT ADVENTURES: 3D2N IBAN LONGHOUSE
Getting to enjoy a full depth experience of the Longhouse with more elements of nature and wildlife or insects is what makes this even more special. Start off your journey travelling through lush greeneries fill with farmlands, and jungles. Enjoy farmers market shopping and simple lunch before continue on your journey to the jetty.
Arrival at the jetty let's take the boat to the Iban Longhouse. Upriver into the beautiful rich green rainforest. You could here the insects, birds and fishes swimming around.
Arrival at the longhouse warm welcome from the longhouse folks. Have a tour around the longhouse learn about the history and the wars take place in between the tribes depicted by the skeleton heads hanging above the ceiling. Then enjoy the surroundings while your dinner is being prepared, volunteer to join in to learn the culinary skills of the Iban people and you could put your own spin on it.
Evening, enjoy yourself with the traditional dance ‘ngajat’ and meeting local community drinking the classic 'tuak' the Iban rice wine with Iban folks music playing in the background well that's a party at the longhouse. Guests can present their gifts to the Iban, small tokens which will be shared equally amongst all those present.
Next morning, kiss the sunrise as you enjoy your breakfast. After breakfast, let's go test your accurancy in a blowpipe competition. Then go on for a jungle walk to visit nearby plantations at the longhouse, orchards that are build for the survivor at the longhouse. In the back further down you could see some Iban burials. Then continue, with a boat ride to up stream to go for a jungle trekking. This is what makes this package special. Then a picnic lunch by the riverbank. After that trek back and boat ride back to the longhouse.
The last day, after breakfast it's time to go and go back to Kuching.
PICKUP TIME / PICKUP PLACE / TOUR DURATION
0800Hrs / KUCHING AREA (OTHER LOCATIONS WILL BE SUBJECTED TO EXTRA SURCHARGE) / 3 days 2 Night
INCLUSIVE & EXCLUSION
Ground transportation, guided tour, entrance fee, and meals 2 breakfast, 3 Lunch and 2 Dinner.
Personal beverage, optional tours, overweight luggage and items not stated above.
THINGS TO BRING
1. Good Walking / water Shoes.
2. Extra Clothing & Swim Wear.
3. Extra Water & light snacks.
4. Own medicines / First Aids Kit.
5. Small umbrella / poncho/ raincoat.
6. Light bag pack / waterproof bag.
8. Insect Repellant.
9. Personal belonging – I/C, Handphone, Camera & etc.
10. Gifts for the longhouse folks (We recommend pens, pencils, children’s reading/colouring/drawing/exercise books, cookies, candy, even canned food–inexpensive things, but well liked and appreciated.)
1. All paid bookings are non-refundable.
2. Customers agree that their purchased tour(s) will be delegated to Borneo Exploration who will contact the Customer for further arrangements and details regarding the booking, in up to five (05)working days after the booking has been made.
3. Take note that the cut-off date for booking is six (06)days before the travelling date.
4. Customers to inform Borneo Exploration, should they wish to make changes to their booking, up to two (02)times only and at latest forty eight (48) hours before the booking date. This applies to cases such as;
- Postponement of travelling date.
- Customer(s) replacement.
5. Group Bookings only for all packages - Min 6 pax per booking, unless specified.
6. Force Majeure: Borneo Exploration does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural calamities, personal health issue, local authority’s regulations, technical breakdown or delay of transport beyond the reasonable control of the company.
7. In the event of force majeure, Borneo Exploration reserve the right to reschedule or postpone tours after considering guest’s safety and health matters.
8. All the others Terms & Conditions apply.